Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Daily Paper Prompts 45 - 52

DPP 45 - The Sun.  My inspiration for this came from an e-mail that I received from one of the teachers at work while I was still on leave.  She was thanking me (and HWNSNBP) for planting the sunflowers in the raised bed outside her classroom window.  She said that the sunflowers were gorgeous.  I'm glad that they did well because we were unable to keep up with the upkeep of the things that we planted in the beds at school due to my back situation.  I used my Blendabilities on this and really IRL it's not so mustardy.


DPP 46 - Staple Collage.  My blogging friend Lauren is a master at this technique.  In fact, she was responsible for this prompt.  It's a lot of fun going through your stash and picking out things and layering them until you find just the right combination to be able to give it interest and use just one staple to hold it all together.


DPP 47 - Stamping Circles.  Well, I was feeling very lazy and didn't want to go in search of my acrylics (still restricted from bending and lifting).  So I drew my circles instead using Prismacolor pencils and added the highlighted the bubble with a Micron pen.


DPP 48 - Ransom Note.  A ransom note with a rant.  I admit I spend and inordinate amount of time on Pinterest and what annoys me is finding something I would like to pin only to find out that the person who originally pinned it did not pin the post of the blog they were visiting, but rather the home page of the blog.  This means that you have to search through the blog posts and if you're lucky it will be something that has recently been posted.  If not, you could spend even more time searching depending on how badly you want the directions for the item you wanted to post.  If I'm pinning a card idea repinning the picture will sometimes suffice, but if it's a recipe you can't go by the picture........know what I mean?.  


DPP 50 - Negative Space.  I traced two of my fingers three times to create my "negative space" and then added the background using a new 6-piece set of Peerless Transparent Watercolors (shades of pink) that I picked up at One Little Spark.


DPP 51 - Borders.  This would be the favorite result of all the prompts that I did.  This quick owl drawing contains borders in several places and I colored it with shades of blue and green Prismacolor pencils.


DPP 52 - White Page.  Did you ever notice how many white animals appear in newspaper ads?  This "white animal collage" has but a few that I found in just two magazine.  I added a neutral watercolor wash as the background.  (I had to add the bird in there but kept it away from the cat.)


Almost done.


1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love that owl!!!! The shape and colors are wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.