Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bloomin' Beautiful Blossom

I had another one of the $ store frames - a long skinny one - and I had intended to actually use the framing part for this project, however, it was late and my brain was running slow, so I thought about not using the frame part and just attaching the elements to the backing. Here's how it came out.

I stamped the blossom image from the the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set in Basic Gray on Confetti White cardstock. I believe this is a poppy and my favorite poppies are pink, so I went with this color combo. I used my SU Markers and blender pen to color in the flower, stem, and leaves.

You can see that I stamped the flower and leaves twice so that I could cut them out and give some dimension to the project. I also colored the center peice of the flower with very, very light More Mustard - I know you can barely see it here - and glued that on the main image first. The two outer petals were cut from another stamped image and just adhered in place at the base of the petals - as they would be on a real flower.

Since I was cutting this from Confetti White, I didn't want the white edges showing - so my tip is to run your marker over the edge of what you're cutting out so that it will blend in with the rest of the project.
Actually, you can't see it here in these pictures, but I think it's also important when using small pieces to use your marker to color the edges of the dimensional as I did with the leaves. They take the color - and that way, when you look at your project even from the slightest side view, the whiteness won't jump out at you because it is somewhat camouflaged. (Blah - Somebody needs a manicure!)
I forgot to give you the colors - the background is Chocolate Chip, the torn pieces are Cameo Coral and Ruby Red. Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Old Olive and Moss markers were used on the flower image. The wording is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. I added the Old Olive twill at the top with a swirl from my Hodgepodge Hardware, and the bow at the bottom is in 5/8" Choc. Chip grosgrain. This has the easel backing from the frame so it will stand up, but I think it would also make a very pretty long card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.