Friday, March 14, 2008

Bag Toppers

First let me apologize for the bad picture. It's hard to take a picture of a shiny object like a clear plastic bag - at least for me!! I just wanted to share this quick bag topper. When you want to group some items together and want to make a pretty presentation of it find yourself a clear bag/envelope the size you will need to accommodate the contents you have planned. You can even use zip lock backs which come in an abundance of sizes these days. Check your $ stores in the crafts or sewing sections for small bags, your grocery store for medium and large bags, and your craft and office supply stores for clear sleeves and envelopes.

This is a very simple topper. I cut my Wild Wasabi paper 2 1/2" x 4 3/4" and scored it lengthwise at 1 1/4". You can add stamped images to that piece before you score it - come to think of it, I should've done that, the Linen Background stamp would have looked nice. Oh, well. Put your folded piece over the open end of the bag and staple it close to the bottom end. In this case, I covered the staples with a strip of white cardstock that I had punched to look like lace. I've forgotten the name of this punch. If you know it, let me know and I'll edit this. Then I just added the same tag that I put on the candy bar in a previous post which I neglected to list the ingredients for.

The tag is made using stamps: Frames With a Flourish, All Holidays, and Holiday Blitz. Stamped in Wild Wasabi and Marigold Morning on white cardstock, punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and mounted on Marigold Morning CS. The Shamrock is popped up with dimensionals.

There's Instant Irish Oatmeal, Irish Breakfast Tea, and a foiled shamrock chocolate in the packet. I'll be finishing these tonight to deliver over the weekend to ..............

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.