My son and daughter-in-law had their second anniversary this month. These poor kids have been waiting a year now for their house to be finished. They've been staying at our condo during this wait and I know they're getting frustrated. Thankfully for us though, someone got (and is still getting) good use out of it as I wasn't able to travel back and forth too often both before and after my surgery.
I strayed away from the beach theme this year but I still used their wedding colors. In fact, I wasn't too pleased with the colors on my first card so I did a second.
First I tried the Anna Griffith die on Sahara Sand over a base of Crumb Cake. I used my aquapainter to add the color to the embossed areas in Bermuda Bay.
It was time consuming but the embossing helps to put the ink in the right place. I went back when it was dry and added some more ink to give the flowers and leaves some shading.
I thought it could use a little more "pop" so I tried the embossing folder/die in Very Vanilla and again, aquapainted it with Bermuda Bay.
I altered the ribbon placement on the second card. Then I had to decide which one to put in the mail.
I won't say which one I sent, I'll let you guess. But now I have an extra card for another occasion!