Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pretty Amazing

You're probably familiar with these little mazes. You can get them in a pkg. of 8-12 at a $ store. When my daughter graduated college I bought several packages and peeled off the backing and replaced it with a picture of her in her graduation gown with the date, her name, and the name of the school. I had them out in bowls on the tables at her graduation picnic as favors.

While I was searching through my tons of items to alter, looking for something else of course, I came across an unopened package of these and the wheels started spinning. At first I thought I was going to use the Tart and Tangy stamp set with the fruit, then I spied my new Pretty Amazing stamp set and the wheels were spinning even faster. So I quickly mounted the stamps (for those of you who don't stamp I'm referring to mounting the rubber stamp onto the wooden block, not to be mixed up with the spinning wheel references above) - and yes, I hang my head when I say that I have a few sets not mounted yet..... but let me continue

So I stamped the flower image in Soft Sky and used my blender pen to add some Blue Bayou highlights to it. Then I got out the coluzzle circle template and cut it out. I carefully glued the plastic maze (remembering, thank goodness, to include the little ball) on the flower image. Then I cut another circle for the back in Soft Sky CS and stamped the floral with Soft Sky ink, accented with my VersaMark pen, and the "Amazing" in Blue Bayou ink.

Then I sat there for a long time thinking about what the purpose would be for this little amazing thing. I thought of making a hanging ornament, but where would it hang? Then it dawned on me to incorporate it into a card. But I didn't want it to be permanent on the card, so I came up with the green webbing strips. I cut six 1/4" x 1 1/2" Certainly Celery strips and spaced them out on the blue backing. Then I attached that to the maze. I got out the coluzzle again and used the largest circle template as the card, cutting a hole in the center of the front to fit the maze.

The hardest, well not hardest, the most time consuming part was adding the floral wreath to the front of the card. I got out my stamp-a-ma-jig for that. Using the stamp-a-ma-jig is not hard, but when you're going in circles and trying to make the branches look continuous it is a little tricky. The wreath was stamped in Certainly Celery and the front was sponged with Blue Bayou on the edges and Soft Sky over the wreath. I added a bow in Blue Bayou. Inside I repeated the floral pattern that was on the back of the maze. Pretty Amazing!

The recipient can keep the card in one piece or they can snip the green strips to remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.