Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Fresh Market


I had a nice surprise yesterday morning. My cousin Barbara called me (rather early for a Saturday) and asked me if I would like to join her to visit The Fresh Market. We live in Central Jersey and The Fresh Market is in Pennsylvania so it was going to be a good half day trip, but I only had a couple of errands (Pig Day deliveries to make), so I decided to tag along. It's about 40 miles one way but it is easy to get to. We were supposed to make this trip last year when it first opened but things just kept coming up and it kept getting put off.


This store is special to my cousin because they are originally based in North Carolina which is where she lived for 20+ years before moving back to New Jersey. They are not your normal grocery store. They carry some "normal" things, but they do carry a lot of specialty items. Their coffees, nuts, snacks, and candies are in covered bins and you scoop the amount of the item that you want and get it weighed. Their produce is beautiful and there are some things that you normally don't find around our neck of the woods. I got a couple of Meyer Lemons - something that I have never tried before but had heard about - and some pineapple chips which I haven't tried yet.


I managed to spend $80, but I found the ginger peach tea that I had tried last Easter break in Lancaster that I loved and some items to use for St. Patty's gifts. Not to mention the cookies I got for Thad for his birthday and the Carr's Ginger Lemon Creams to have on hand. I got some edible Easter grass and some specialty chocolates and these little bread crisps. Barbara and I split a container of their cheddar pimiento spread (it's delish on the bread crisps). And we did pick up something for lunch to go. I got a turkey, apple, brie wrap that was very good.


All in all, it was a very good trip. I'll have to start saving for the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.