Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sharing Their Creativity

I am always grateful for cards and gifts that I get, but I am especially touched when someone takes the time to share their creativity with me and I like to share what I get here.

My good friend J made these wonderful ornaments out of scrabble tiles and she used the popular black and white ribbon on them which was a special touch along with those buttons and bells.  She told me she hadn't done any crafts in a while and it felt good to get back to making things.  Thank you J!  I hope you continue to reacquaint yourself with your creative side!  The results are much appreciated.


Our Jingle Belle hostess Lauren, a fellow Jersey Girl, crocheted this sweet smores ornament - I think in honor of our mutual love of marshmallows!  Thanks so much Lauren - I love it!
 

Sabrina, my blogging buddy in Ireland, made this adorable felted penguin who is sitting in the decorative votive holder she also made.  She is an accomplished needleworker and is always pushing herself to try more things like needlefelting.  I am in love with this penguin and am honored to have it become part of my bird tree.  Thank you so much Sabrina.


I have a new friend from abroad - Nanette in the Netherlands.  We have become IG friends and when she posted a picture of the Christmas card she made and was sending this year I told her I loved it.  I was so surprised when she said she found an extra one and sent it to me because she had already sent me a package with an original artwork that I'll share in another post soon.  This little house with the star and the deer and trees all fold up flat.  They were wrapped in a belly band with a special wax seal to be mailed.  I love, love, love this idea!  Thanks so much Nanette!


This card was the first card I received this Christmas season and it came all the way from Sunshine in New Zealand.  Those pretty pastel snowflakes are so glittery IRL.  It's summer there so I imagine that if there were to be snow, it would be pastel.  I am angry at the USPS though because they have stopped delivering mail to New Zealand for the time being - something to do with lack of transportation or such nonsense.  So the card that I have for Sunshine is still here.  Thank you Sunshine - I do appreciate your thoughtfulness and I keep checking to see when they are going to lift that hold on mail so I can get mine to you.  


This card is from Sabrina.  I love how she layered that snowflake diecut over that gorgeous background.  And speaking of gorgeous - look at that poinsettia!  This is a WOW for sure.  Oh, and remember I said she was a skilled needleworker - those little bluebells were knitted by her!  Aren't they the sweetest!  I think I will pin them to the lapel of my winter coat.  Thank you so much Sabrina for sharing your creativity with me and for always being such an inspiration with your cards, your photos, your recipes, and so much more including your friendship.


This beautiful card came to me from another blogging buddy, LeAnne in PA.  The color in my picture didn't come through as pretty as this is IRL.  I love the mint green and red combination and was thrilled to get this card in the mail.  Thank you LeAnne for being so supportive and inspirational too!


Dorrie, my blogging friend in North Jersey created this beauty.  I had to smile when I saw that little deer looking at me!  I just love the way she layered the snowflakes, deer, and sentiment and how the deer pops with the color.  What a great design!  Don't be surprised if I CASE this one Dorrie!  Thank you so much!!!


We have two hostesses for the Jingle Belles challenges, Stephanie in Iowa and Lauren here in NJ.  This card is from Stephanie.  I hope you can see that wonderful embossed background behind the tree as well as the beautiful embossing on the tree itself.  That little dear is just the sweetest!  Thanks Steph for sharing your creativity with me and for all the inspiration with the JB challenges throughout the year.  And thank you for enabling me with all those wonderful stamping resources you share on your blog.


And this beauty comes from our other hostess, Lauren.  Lauren's cards are always over the top beautiful with many, many layers.  She has a magical way with color and embellishments that always leave me in awe.  I am so lucky to have found the Jingle Belles and such gifted hostesses.  Thank you so much Lauren for all the support and inspiration too.  Looking forward to a crafty play date in the future!


I have a special place that I keep these handmade cards from my friends and I look back at them often, not just for inspiration, but for the pure enjoyment of their beauty.  Thank you to all of you for being such a wonderful part of my creative journey by sharing your creativity with me.

3 comments:

  1. These are such precious gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine - I cased this card from a card I saw about 4 or 5 years ago. I loved it and it stuck in my head, although it might not be exactly the same. I lost the link when my computer died. I do love that little deer though!
    Dorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine's card is great fun with the colourful snowflakes, and Lauren's ornament is just gorgeous. What a beautiful collection of cards. I told you that I was inspired by one of your cards with a poinsettia on a die-cut snowflake overlay.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.