Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Jingle Belles - What Did Santa Bring You? .... and....National Bird Day

Well, it wasn't exactly THE Santa that brought me these goodies, but more like the Santa I know as myself who did some pre-Christmas shopping taking advantage of some of those last minute craft sales that were flooding my inbox incessantly the last few weeks of December.  I tried hard to just hit delete but curiosity got the best of me and I succumbed to the lure of a good sale.  Oh, and there were those enablers out there who were sharing some of their wonderful creations that used some of these new products that I couldn't resist, or didn't want to.  Truth be known, some of the ordering happened after the 25th and the packages are still coming in causing HWNSNBP to raise an eyebrow when he brings in the mail.  So it feels good to put these goodies to use for the Jingle Belle Challenge this week.

Both of these cards use the Sweet and Sassy Berry Branch Background stamp.  I stamped it in fade out ink on kraft cardstock and colored the top one with an SU marker and white gel pen.  The bottom was colored with alcohol ink markers as were the birds on both cards.  The birds are from the Sweet and Sassy Winter Birds set.  



I had the snowy wreath and peace die cuts, and the greenery die cuts and sentiment on my worktable - lucky me saving some time putting these cards together.  Oh, and you might notice that I now have the red and black buffalo plaid card bases as well as the black and white.  Those were in the clearance section at Michael's the week before Christmas and I grabbed them up.

These weren't the only new things amongst my stuff, but since today was also National Bird Day I thought it was fitting to use them on these first Jingle Belle cards of 2022.

Don't forget, you can visit the Jingle Belles by clicking here and giving some love to the hostesses and participants by leaving a comment on their beautiful work.  I will be checking in there soon and should probably have a couple more cards to show before the deadline next week.

5 comments:

  1. ooooooh! these were definitely NECESSITIES when one sees how beautifully they go together and how awesome they look on holiday cards (& one can imagine many non-holiday uses as well!) so happy you could be your own santa AND use said goodies in our first JINGLE BELLES challenge of 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both beautiful. I couldn't pick a favourite, I like them both equally. Nearly - maybe a marginal preference for the black and white, but the red bird is so sweet. I sent know about National Bird day, shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Santa that I know as myself visited my home too ... so very glad you shared what Santa brought you with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa aka Self is a frequent gifter of crafty goodies at Christmas in my house Lorraine. No-one else dares to choose things for me although my youngest son once bought me a set of Spectrum Noir pens to add to my collection at the age of 18 - VERY impressive!!
    I adore your two birdie holiday cards and the way you show-cased them with the different coloured berries and plaids. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.