Friday, January 28, 2022

January Birthdays

Both my daughter and her husband celebrate their birthdays in January.  It has been a crazy month for mail delivery around here.  I knew that my SIL's card was going to be late because I held on to it for a couple of days while HWNSNBP was recuperating from covid just after the first of the year.  I used the colors of Notre Dame - one of his favorites - even though they lost.  The geometric die shapes are from my macrame sets from The Greetery.



Rachel's birthday was this week and I actually had the card done a week in advance ......and it was mailed a week in advance but it took over a week to get there...... just to the next state south of us.  I was getting worried that it had gone missing forever and then it showed up yesterday thank goodness.  I used a never-used stamp and die set from Alt & New.  Once again, the Misty was extremely helpful in letting me stamp those layers in multiple colors.


I'm going to try some different color combinations on these mandala halves.  The samples I've seen also close that gap to form a circle.  I'm now wondering if it can be stamped that way...... I'll have to do some experimenting and might just have some time tomorrow during the snowstorm we're expecting.

We face-timed with Rachel on her birthday and Maverick was bouncing all over the place as he's been during his quarantine.  He knew it was her birthday and when I wished her "Happy Birthday Chickadee" as I usually do, he quickly corrected me and said "that's not chickadee grandma, that's mommy!".  His mind was blown when she tried to tell him that I was her mommy.  We'll leave that until he's a little older.  

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, cute little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed Amanda Evanston on Instagram, thanks for the heads up on #28februaryflowers.

      Delete
  2. It's always so much fun watching the young ones figure out relationships. I saw this video on youtube and thought you might enjoy it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3auU2OIe_gA

    ReplyDelete
  3. The geometrics make a great guy card, but must have been fiddly to glue! Rachel's card is beautiful, lovely colours. Love Maverick's response.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.