Sunday, November 7, 2021

Inktober Solar Challenge and More Sunsets

I chose to do the Solar Challenge for Inktober this year and just finished coloring it the other night..... only a few days late.  Last year I did the Lunar Challenge (link here) so it was only fitting to do the solar one this time.  I started by taping together nine 4x4 tiles to make a 1 ft. square.  On that I drew the outline provided by Pilar Pulido @Zentrarte and Sara Ponce @Manosaltangle .  They also provided the list and step outs for the daily tangles.

You can see that the "solar" image is divided into 31 segments or sections - one for each day of October.



I decided to use a more fall forward color palett and left out the blues and greens.  All the tangles were done in black and white and when they were all added I used my watercolor pencils to add color.  

A lot of these tangles were organic in nature and it was a challenge to fit them into some of those segments but I did it.  Glad it's done so I can move onto November with a clean slate in that department.

We were at the condo Thursday and Friday nights and were treated to some stellar November sunsets.  The position of the sunset is just about out of range at this time of year.  But since HWNSNBP made it possible to open the screens on the back porch I was able to lean out and catch what I could on the left.


I didn't recall ever having seen such an intense orange and then.......


the next night


it became even more intense.  



3 comments:

  1. Your tangle piece is amazing, a real work of art and perfectly pieced together.
    The sunsets are also amazing - lucky you to have open skies at the condo. The bottom one looks like a crayon/pastel painting. I think the one above it is my favourite with those intense blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tangle piece is pretty amazing but those skies are simply incredible! Sometimes I wish we faced west so we could see the sunsets but then I remember that we would most likely swelter in the summer heat so I guess it's for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tangle piece.
    And my what amazing sunsets.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.