Monday, November 22, 2021

More Christmas Creatures and Ornaments

I missed posting my cards for the last Jingle Belle Challenge which was to add an ornament element to our cards.  As you can see, this little bird is decorating his/her branch with some Christmas ornaments to make it a little more festive.


The bird on the branch stamp and die is from Your Next Stamp.  I glued it on a die cut oval and added that to the card base that I used my new Tartan Builder stencils from The Greetery on.  You can see I had a few of these cut and colored.

I also had this "creature" on the work table for the previous Christmas creature challenge.  This stamp "Pablo the Penguin"  comes from Crafty Individuals stamps, a European based stamp company that has a US distributor thankfully.  I fussy cut this guy and accidentally colored the top of his head red on the first card, but I was hoping that it would pass for a hat instead of a headband as I didn't want to discard it after all that coloring and cutting.  What do you think?


Here it is colored correctly.


I have a few more Christmas creatures you may see this year and there's a set of creatures that I used for Thanksgiving greetings you'll see later this week once they're received in the mail.  

HWNSNBP shared his "allergies" - translate that to "cold" - with me 2 weeks ago and of course he recovered from it within a couple of days, but mine developed into bronchitis and a sinus infection and has really taken the wind out of my sails putting me farther behind than I intended to be at this time of the year.  I finished one round of antibiotics and will start another one today and I'm hoping that there will be significant improvement so I can get our Thanksgiving preparations underway.   I'm still about 8-10 cards short for Christmas but I'm not worried about that.  We've started the shopping and need a few more ideas to get that done.  But there are some hand-made projects that I wanted to get to and the house will need a good cleaning before the Christmas decorations come out.  I know it will get done - it always does - I just don't want to be stressed about it and be able to enjoy it.  Hard to do when you're not feeling up to it.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, oh, feel better soon, bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird on the branch is just adorable - sweet ornaments he is decorating his bough with. You have made me think I need to use my plaid builder stencil more!!
    And yes, I think the first penguin totally works. I have a penguin with antlers from a magazine, and his antlers are definitely more on a beanie than a headband, so if you hadn't said, I wouldn't have noticed.
    I don't think I needed to know about Crafty Individuals ;-). And since they don't say anything about whether they take tax off before shipping to Europe or whether the buyer is liable, I shall not take too close a look. Love the gingham ribbon on the dotted background.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.