Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Lunar Eclipse and Frosty Morning

I knew the full moon was coming and I heard that there was a good chance that the lunar eclipse would be viewable in our area if the weather permitted it.  Initially I wasn't prepared to get up between 3 and 4 in the morning to try to see it, but the night before, when nature called (as she usually does in the middle of the night) and I shuffled into the bathroom I realized that it was shortly after 3 I realized that it might be opportune to leave my camera in the bathroom just in case and also because the view of the moon was perfect through the bathroom window.  Well, since I brought the camera up, I figured it would't hurt to set my alarm which I did, and I did mention to HWNSNBP that I was.  Of course when it went off I got the usual "what the hell is that?" from him before I was able to shut it off.  

The screen on the bathroom window is on the inside of the window and I knew that I'd have to take it down in order to get a shot through the window and if there was too much reflection on the glass I figured I'd open the window even though it was in the mid 40's.  That would have worked the night before when the moon was lower in the sky at that time.  This night it was higher making the angle a little more difficult as our windows crank out and only so far.  So I wedged the camera as low as I could on the inside window sill and tried not to breath or move while taking these pictures because, of course, I did not have my tripod in the bathroom.  This was the best of about 30 or so pictures that I attempted.  I can't tell you what the settings were because I was trying everything to make this early morning endeavor a success.  Thankfully, after about 45 minutes of viewing and picture taking I was able to go back to bed for a few more hours.


We were out early one morning and there was still frost on the ground and I grabbed some pictures from behind where the car was parked.




The moss is on a log and this is some kind of mushroom/fungus that's growing on it.



 

4 comments:

  1. Great photos'! Isn't Nature amazing?! Love the frost on the leaves, so pretty and eah one different.
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you caught the eclipse I missed out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about dedicated! To set the alarm and spend all that time taking photos wouldn't be on my radar. Couldn't see the moon at that time of night here anyway, unless I got in the car and drove somewhere. We see the moon early in the evening but then it moves beyond our sight line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew there was another post I meant to come back and comment on - and look at the photos properly on a large screen. It was a cloudy night here so I didn't bother - but well done you, and on being so organised as to have your camera ready. I hope you slept well and soundly afterwards!
    Lovely leaf shots, I especially like the third last one where the leaf is rimmed with frost.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.