Saturday, November 13, 2021

Autumn Glimpses

The last of the zinnias.  I picked what I could before the first frost last week.  


But before I got to them, the birds were having a feast on the seeds.


How many can you count?


And one that flew into the window and got stunned temporarily.  A Yellow-Rumped Warbler - something new to the backyard as they were migrating through.


A chipmunk amongst the litterfall.


And today before it rained there were bluebirds - this one close enough for a picture.


I treated myself to a little autumn pin cushion made by Fabric and Ink.  The package arrived and was enclosed in this printed bag.


And neatly wrapped with this sweet washi tape.


It's a golden gourd gnome house in fall colors.


Hand cut and hand stitched.  


A storm blew through here today with hail and some nasty winds that recovered the lawn with leaves after HWNSNBP spent a good part of the week gathering them up.  Luckily the piles of leaves he left along the roadside for leaf pick-up are still there, but he'll have more days of gathering and estimates it'll take til Thanksgiving for them all to be down.  The township road department circulates throughout the town with the big leaf vacuum until the first week in December and unless you want the grass beneath the leaves to die over the winter, you only pile them up as long as they're collecting.  





4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new pin cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed that your zinnias lasted so long in full bloom. Mine became straggly and died out a month ago. Your pin cushion is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zinnias always make me think of my mother who always planted a long row of them in her garden. I loved seeing the bluebird - I've never been lucky enough to see one despite knowing that they are around this area.
    And...such a sweet pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see the birds enjoying the seeds. I am not hugely familiar with zinnias, I most remember them from a teatowel my grandmother gave me when I was young with an alphabet of flowers. And what an adorable pincushion, I totally see why you treated yourself.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.