Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween

 


I went a little overboard collecting these felt ornaments from the Swede Things shop in Cape May.  I had a few from last year and added a bunch while we were on our lunch break during the lighthouse challenge a few weeks ago.   I think I need a bigger tree.

Going through some "kid stuff" over the past year turned up this little plastic pumpkin that held candy at one time.   



I found a stamp set that had some seasonal scenes and was able to cut the fall one down to fit inside.


I just haven't decided to add a hanger to the back or a magnet for the fridge.


I also remembered that I had this die that makes a little 3-D ornament box.  I added another piece of that scene and repositioned the pumpkins.  The owl comes from another stamp set and was fussy cut out.


These are the other stamps from that set also fussy cut and I added a black spider-webby die cut over the top of the box.  These are meant for the GS's.  


We got to toddler sit earlier this month and I brought some projects for GS2 to have fun with.

He sponge painted some wooden skeletons that I picked up at the Kirkside garage sale at the beginning of the month.  Dab, dab, dab the white paint.


Then I gave him a 10 x 10 canvas that I had prepped with gesso and some colors to dab, dab, dab which he did until he saw the brush and then wanted to use that.  Remarkably he was very good with spreading the paint with the brush and not just smashing it into the canvas.  


After it dried and he was down for a nap I carved out a pumpkin by adding a background and that flower is there because he made such a nice round shape with the brush that I didn't want to cover it up. 


The best part of this was seeing him grab it off the table when his mommy came home from work and excitedly telling her "I did this!".  He did the same with the skeletons.  That just made my heart swell.  Here he is posing with his cheesy grin.

2 comments:

  1. I love your little tree even though I'm not normally a huge fan of Halloween. I would say the tree size is just right (to quote Goldilocks). Best of all though is seeing that smile on your 'grandies' face and such a special piece of artwork from him. I love this idea! We're hoping to fly out to visit our grandies in February and I might just pre-mail some crafty projects we can do together while we're there. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craft projects with kids are such fun and so rewarding, aren't they! The skeletons look like great fun. I'm not much into the spooky side of Halloween but nobody could resist the cats on the little ornament boxes with their big grins.
    Great selection of felt ornaments. The sunflower and the owls are my favourites. I must take a closer look at the sunflower!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.