Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Jingle Belles - Dashing Through the Snow

Our nights have been getting cooler but thankfully not cool enough for snow yet.  However, those Jingle Belles wanted us to be in a snowy-frame of mind and add snow, in any form, to our cards.  So here's a family of Flakes surrounded by flakes wishing Joy.



I took these photos at the same time in the same place and see how the camera changes that wood background depending on the color of the card background.  It's frustrating at times and I really should get out one of my lightboxes but I'm playing Goldilocks as one is too big and the other is too small and I thought this natural lighting would be just right.  No porridge for me!


The snowman were cut from a portion of a larger stamp by Newton's Nook - Frozen Fellowship.  The JOY die is from Ellen Hutson, and I don't know the source of the snowflake die at this time.   I used white glitter paper for that and wish I would have remembered the tip from my stamping friend LeAnne about peeling the backing off the glitter paper before die cutting it.  It was much easier to punch out that die on the second one after I had spent so much time with an exacto knife on the first when it didn't completely punch through.  I stamped some additional snowflakes onto the card base in VersaMark ink.  The little glitter snowflakes are the punchouts from the snowflake die.

I've really got to get back up into the stamp cave and tidy up, but I think I'll visit some of the other snowy contributions to the Jingle Belles first.  You can join in by clicking here.



5 comments:

  1. These are gorjuss Lorraine! I love the colours!
    I'm commenting back to front, sorry! Have been very stressed lately and not inspired to craft lately. But I do enjoy checking your blog!
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, those snowmen (and/or snowgals!) are so adorable and i love the frame as well. this truly is SNOW much fun! so pleased you could join us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that gaggle of snow people ... so very glad you shared your fabulous SNOW-y creation with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I recognised those snowmen - great partial use of the stamp.
    And yes, I think in some ways the more sophisticated light meters in modern cameras give rise to their own set of problems.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.