Saturday, October 30, 2021

Jingle Belles - Not a Creature Was Stirring

Last year I picked up a couple of stamp sets from Craft Consortium called Snome Time.  I don't remember where I saw them, but I loved the little gnome (Snome) and the woodland animals and figured that there would be a Jingle Belle challenge that I probably could use these for...... and I was right.  Not a Creature Was Stirring is this fortnight's muse.  

I stamped the images in fade away ink so I could do some no-line coloring with my Prismacolor pencils.  I stamped two of each image and spent several evenings multi-tasking coloring and tv watching, er, listening.  I pretty much followed the color scheme suggested by the printed package.  In the course of events, though I do like the colors that I was working with, I think that a trip to or order from Blick will be needed in the near future to widen my choice of browns.  Then again, I could add them to my Christmas list............Oh Santa!!!!



There are enough images for a few cards but for right now I'm done with these two.  I used a mish-mosh of Sizzix dies and that evergreen I believe is from Cottage Cutz.  So is that Santa or is that a gnome?  Or shall we just call hin a Santa Gnome?  He is surrounded by a few little creatures that we can see and perhaps, since there is a door in that mushroom on the lower left, there might be some other little creature living in there.


Ooops, I think there's a little creature missing from that lower card.  Hmmmm, has to be here somewhere.  


I hope to be back early next week with some more featured creatures, until then I'm going to check out the Jingle Belles participants and leave some love, and you can too by clicking here.  

4 comments:

  1. Your fine detail colouring always amazes me - no exception here. And exceptional fussy-cutting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet little holiday scene ... so very glad you joined us for our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy WOW, i did not realize these weren't vintage illustrations until i read the text. your no-lines coloring is AMAZING... can we have a coloring play date in January so i can try to learn??!?! of course the Snome family could not be more adorable; and you've chosen just the right accessories and papers; but honestly... it's the images that are rocking my world! so pleased you could join our celebration of christmas critters at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.