Sunday, October 24, 2021

World Card Making Day, Garage Sales, and Sweet Treats

World Card Making Day was on the first weekend of October and we were going to be away so I preplanned a little project.  I needed a get well card for a former co-worker - a male, so I didn't want to make anything floral.  I found this stamp set in my stash - Hi There Bear from Concord & 9th which hadn't been inked and had the perfect sentiment to go along with it.  I couldn't decide weather to go with the brown bear or the panda so I stamped one of each and fussy cut them.  I also found this blueprint background stamp from The Greetery that I thought would be a good background.  I gathered all the necessary supplies and packed them up to take along for when we settled in for the day.


I knew I had a pretty decent set of colored pencils at the condo and I was able to add some detail to that brown bear.  I originally stamped the bear's belly one way and then looked at the package picture and they had it the other way so I turned over the paper and stamped it again their way before cutting them out.  I still don't know which way I like better but I went with theirs.  


The finished cards.


The inside sentiment.


And just for fun, what I stamped on the back.


I should backtrack and say that we started the day at the Kirkside Garage Sale that they have twice a year down the road.  I had my "boxman" with me and I did pick up a few pieces to add to my box of stuff I'm saving to make more garden totems but I don't have any pictures right now.    

And speaking of boxes, we then went to pick up a box of goodies that I ordered from a new-to-us local bakery that they had advertised for a "Restaurant Week" special.  They only open their doors on Saturdays for walk-in customers and we are mostly at the condo on weekends during the summer so since we weren't going til later in the day on Saturday this time because of the garage sale I thought it would be a good time to take advantage of trying out their sweets and I wasn't disappointed.  I did spread them out over the course of the week to enjoy.


And I'm just going to add this for a smile.  GS2's class was shut down for another week earlier in October which meant his parents had to split their days staying home with him.  Our SIL sent us this.


When you're 2 1/2 you know everything, or you let him believe he knows everything when you know he doesn't like eggs.  

1 comment:

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.