Sunday, March 28, 2021

The100DayProject - Week 8

I'm officially past the halfway mark with numbers 50-56.  Just hoping I don't run out of ideas before the 100th day.  I'd really like to avoid dipping into Christmas items.  Fingers crossed.



This on is based on one of my photographs.  The blue is actually more purple IRL.


 

I hadn't planned for these stems to be off-center.  It just kind of happened and I kind of like it.




HWNSNBP was able to get us a watermelon at Costco last week and it was surprisingly good for this time of year.  No luck this week though.  Not one to be found.


I believe I mentioned that I was going to share my "swatching".  Well here it is.  The type of pen is followed by a small scribble of each color.  Some, like the Stabilo's and Staedtler's have numbers and they come in open stock in Michael's so I can take my card with me when I shop to see if I have a specific color already.  Some of them are not easily discernible by the cap color.  I've been mulling over whether to purchase a set of Arteza pens because they have a lot more colors, however, some of the reviews haven't been very good saying they didn't have much ink and a few were already dried out in the set.  So I've pretty much talked myself out of it..............for now.


Michaels has these plastic storage boxes meant for photos that perfectly fit the 4 x 6 index cards I use.  You can see that I traced the key tag and do my sketches and color auditioning on these.  The only issue that I have with this is that the inks behave differently on different paper so I have to remember to use a very light touch with the key tags so there isn't too much bleeding in some cases.  






2 comments:

  1. Those photo cases look great, for whatever purpose. I just love the elephant and lizard. The cross-hatched mountains on the tree sunset are really great. Tast watermelon, yum. Melons are one of the things I find very hard to buy when wearing a mask, you can't smell them and that's usually the best indicator. Well, not for watermelons, I just rap those but it's still pot luck.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.