Friday, March 19, 2021

Looking for a Little Color This Week

It's been a busy week here full of appointments and still experiencing cooler weather.  Finding the color inside instead of outside for the time being.  Like this flowering Iron Cross Oxalis that I treated myself to on our last trip to the Great Swamp Nursery.  I must say that the blooms were quite unexpected as none of them were flowering at the garden center.  I basically bought the plant for the "four-leaf-clover" leaves.  I'm just loving this color though. 




Finding color in the grilling pan with some yellow and orange peppers to go with some salmon steaks.


HWNSNBP did pick up a bunch of daffodils at the grocery store and they added some cheeriness.


And here is a little rainbowmaker at work at school.  He does love doing art projects at school and at home.  Crossing my fingers that we'll get to see him this weekend.


Well, not much color here, but these turkeys came around on St. Patrick's Day.  There were a lot more of them to either side of the picture.  Here is their conversation as I heard it in my head......

"Keep looking girls. I'm pretty sure there's some Irish soda bread crumbs around here. Those leprechauns are lucky. They get to be a holiday mascot and don't have to worry about people eating them. No one's having leprechaun for dinner tonight! Can't find any crumbs? How about that pot of gold? I'll treat you all to a Shamrock shake if you find that pot of gold. "


For the record, I did have a Shamrock shake without finding the pot of gold.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty Oxalis plant! You got a bonus there, pretty flowers and pretty leaves! I have a for leaf clover that one of your kind Pig Ladies sent me when I had that accident a few years ago. I have it on my fridge so I can see it often!
    The "Rainbow Maker" looks like he is deep in concentration there!
    Stay well:-)
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coral colour. Cute grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Oxalis looks so pretty! I love the leaves, too.
    I see you have a serious artists there. He’s very intent on his creation.
    So cute.
    Peppers and salmon steaks sound delicious.
    Have a good weekend, Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I like the turkey narrative! The daffodils and oxalis are beautiful together. I always liked the sharp tang of eating it when I was a child - we didn't have that variety, just a plain one with pink flowers which clumped and spread like crazy so there was never any shortage of it.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.