Sunday, March 21, 2021

The100DayProject - Week 7

I got some sweet comments on my last post about these tags.  Sunshine asked if I will be displaying them when I'm finished and yes, I plan to.  Right now I have them on a metal shower curtain hook.  It is comfortable fitting the first 50 of them.  I will have to use a second hook for the next 50 as they are completed.  At the end I plan on adding back the metal rings that these tags came with and making a garland with them, perhaps on a length of ball chain or something like that, and then hang it in my craft room.  (Or maybe on my gypsy rod - we shall see.)

Full disclaimer here that besides using some of my own photos as inspiration for these, I also check on the DMC site for free embroidery patterns, and royalty free image sites.  I do try to put my own spin on the patterns to "make them my own".  


There was a photo of a chicken on Facebook that inspired this one.  



Had to have a rainbow on St. Patrick's Day.


I saw some pysanky eggs in a photo that had chickens like these.




I have swatched all my fine line pens onto 4 x 6 index cards so I know the colors that I have to work with.  I have also traced the key tag onto the same size index card - it can fit 10 - and use that to audition my drawings and color choices.  I'll share those in my post next week.

2 comments:

  1. My favourite is the little blue bird, but I like the squid in a vortex a lot, and I think the sunray effect behind the rooster is very effective.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.