Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Happy Birthday HWNSNBP

I got these new macrame dies from The Greetery - these are only a couple of them.  They layer up nicely and can either be masculine or feminine so I thought they would be good for HWNSNBP's birthday card.  I didn't do much playing around with them as I'm still nursing a sore jaw and really not feeling myself (who knows what that's like anymore).  The colors were meant to be a bit springy.  We still have a backyard covered in white which I hope to see less of over the next couple of days.  He did tell me yesterday that we do have a crocus blooming alongside the house, but I forgot to go out and check it out.  Today for sure!


Just so you can see how that bottom die is I made a little musical video for you.


HWNSNBP has been working with his buddies on the interior of our garage over the last month or so.  He had put up the insulation and they came over to help him install the sheetrock.  He paid them off with 2 beers and chocolate each time they came over.  They worked a couple evenings each week for about 2 hours and finally finished up last week.  The next phase is taping and spackling which will be done by a contractor.  And then they will be back to paint...... I think.  Or make Adirondack chairs or some other Garage Boys project. Yes, that's what he was calling them.  The Garage Boys.  He had me come out to take a picture of the three of them on the last day.  I'm pretty used to the work clothes he had on, but I told him the hat looked ridiculous (he's on the left).   He wanted me to put something together for them and this is what I came up with.  


The letters are die cut from some thin wood that I stained with a marker.  The rest of the items were amongst the discards of their time together.  I replaced the backing of the shadow box with an actual piece of the leftover sheetrock cut to fit into the frame.  That turned out to be a good decision as it gave me something solid to glue everything to.  The shadowboxes come with a padded insert that I didn't want to use.  


The day that I took the picture he sent it to our kids to see and our son sent this back letting us know that this is how our grandson went to school that day dressed for Wacky Wednesday.  It must run in the family!  But I do like his hat much better.  






2 comments:

  1. That shadow box is brilliant!! I'm sure it's pretty cold out there at the moment so if the hat is warm, isn't that what matters most, not sartorial elegance :D.
    The odd socks are a nice contribution to Wacky Wednesday!

    DH sends his deepest fellow feelings on the sore jaw, especially on hearing that you were managing with just Tylenol and ice. He had some strong prescription pain killers but he was trying to eke them out to do just morning and evening, so he has practically wiped out my hoarded supply of paracetamol with codeine, only available when your pharmacist trusts you. Ours no longer opens at 8 in this pandemic era and I am in work well before 9, so I'll have to take a detour after work one day to re-stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have good friends. Cute grandson! Happy birthday to hubby the card is pretty.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.