Friday, January 29, 2021

January Birthdays and Clouds

Both my daughter and her husband have birthdays in January.  His is early in the month, hers is later.

Masculine cards are always a challenge for me.  I found the painted dots circle that I had previously stamped in my stash and cobbled some other bits in the same color family to come up with this card for him.  


The card for my daughter was inspired by a card by Michelle at Amusing Michelle that I saw on Pinterest using the AlteNew Hennah Elements stamp set.  It reminds me of a tattoo she has.


I've been working on some cards for the February birthdays coming up.  Trying to use some cheerful colors for these wintry days.  

But on these wintry days we still can see some spectacles in the sky.  Awhile back I looked up through the skylight over our kitchen sink and saw this in the sky.........


I went outside to get a bigger picture.  Besides the X do you see a word there?  Truth be told, until I was going to post this I didn't notice it, but now I'm seeing either PIPE or RIPE.  What do you see?


And more recently there was the most gorgeous horsetail cloud......... (click on the pictures to enbiggen)



I sure looked like a horsetail to me - or a very large feather.  


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the couple and pretty cards! I do see pipe or ripe. Ripe is a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like that card made for your daughter. Its colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the masculine cards - I'm envious of those whose husbands like cute. But that's definitely fun and celebratory. The one for your daughter reminds me very much of the traditional Breton pottery - it usually features people or birds, but flowers are a recurring motif too, and in those colours. The horsetail cloud looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.