Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy New Year 2021

 Here it is, January 3rd already and I haven't said Happy New Year here!  Well........

HAPPY NEW YEAR

We had the last full moon of 2020 between Christmas and New Year's Day.


And looking up through the skylight on NYE Eve I saw this in the sky.  I posted it on my Instagram account with the caption "X Marks the Spot" to which my daughter added "I'd stay away from wherever that spot is" while another person added "Maybe that's where 2021 comes in".  


As it moved from right to left across the sky it also started to disintegrate or be absorbed into the atmosphere.  Like someone was erasing it.  I'm sure that there are those that would like to erase 2020 and all the darkness and uncertainty it has brought.  

2020 was a hard year.  Not just to me or my family, or my friends for that matter.  But I'm sure that I don't have to tell you that it's been a global event.  Something that most, if not all of us have never experienced before.  

It was an invasion that started with one body and one country and spread to more bodies and more countries taking it's victims as it went.  No one and no continent has been safe.  And yet people still claim that it's a hoax. That somehow it was tied to our US elections.  That it's no worse than the flu which takes lives every year.  That it's the government's way to take control of our lives.  

People certainly have the right to choose to believe what they want.  Some call those who wear masks and stay socially distant sheep and that they live in fear.  But I say that it's the opposite.  I say that by wearing a mask I'm living with the hope that I'm doing something to help stop the spread.  It's just as inconvenient for me as it is for anyone else to wear the mask while I'm out.  But above all else the golden rule has always been to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  What's bothersome beyond words is that so many people don't seem to care about anyone else but themselves. 

And now there are vaccines coming.   We'll see how long it will take to distribute them and how long it will take to quell this rising tide of disease.  I pray that it will be swift.

At this time of year, some people choose a word for the new year.  I don't think I've ever done that before. But I was thinking the other day about a word that I think would be good for 2021.

BOUNCE

B - Be - Be present, be alive, be part of your surroundings.
O - Observe - Look up and look down not just straight ahead.  Find the beauty in all directions.
U - Use - Use your talents and your gifts and use what is all around you.
N - Nurture - Nurture your soul and your spirit.  Do for yourself as well as others.
C - Create - Get in touch with your inner child and don't be afraid to fail.
E - Enjoy - Enjoy more of what you do.  Do more of what you enjoy.

Let's all do our best to BOUNCE back to ourselves and the life that we knew pre-Covid.

I wish you all health and happiness in 2021.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, and a good word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and yours! Love your 'x' photo - that's a case of being in just the right place at the right time, for sure. And I agree 'bounce' is a good word - hopefully our world will be able to bounce back from all that's been happening and that we, as individuals, are able to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.