Friday, January 8, 2021

What's Blooming on My Hysterversary

When I checked my e-mail this morning I was reminded by Hystersisters that today is my  12th Hysterversary.  They send an annual check-up notice as well as a monthly newsletter about women's health.  It's a little gray now as I'm writing, but the day started out pretty sunny and so I decided to document what was blooming inside.

The first worth noting is this epidendrum orchid that has bloomed for the first time since we got it in 2019 at an orchid show.  


And these two little phalaenopsis orchids are just starting to open up.


These two have been blooming for months now.


And their are two white phalaenopsis orchids growing near this anthurium which was gift.


We have three oxalis plants and they routinely bloom through the winter indoors.


This little begonia - one of a couple we bring in for the winter - is showing some color.


In the kitchen there is the new primrose that HWNSNBP recently purchased alongside the upside-down cyclamen we got at Trader Joe's.


This is one of two amaryllis' that we have potted.  This is the third stalk of blooms on this one.  The other is just about finished with the third stalk and we noticed today that there will be yet another flower stalk on that one.  We have had huge success with these two bulbs that we purchase at the Great Swamp Nursery this year.  They were a little pricy, but they have been well worth it in the display department.


And of course, here's what's left of our yearly poinsettia plant.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers, I had my hysterectomy in Sep 2011, had to look it up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful array of indoor flowers, Lorraine. They must be a daily delight. The anthurium looks lovely, I don't think I've ever seen one in real life. I've never seen oxalis as an indoor plant. So pretty...

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.