Friday, March 15, 2019

Randomness

Pictures from the last month or so that I haven't yet shared.

Trying out new art supplies:  Flair Pens - Candy Shop Colors.  I was enabled by an e-mail that I got at my school address from one of the art suppliers that we use.  I did not know that there were Candy Shop Colors so I checked them out on Amazon and it was amazing how fast they jumped into my cart.


Our old door project.  This was our old back door that I refused to get rid of.  (Our front door is painted the same color.)  It was supposed to be hung 5 years ago when HWNSNBP turned 60, but it was not on the priority list (his, not mine).  He finally figured a way to hang it up without a lot of hardware and stress - something called a French cleat which he made out of wood.  The window panes are supposed to house photos. Unfortunately, he only decided to finish this 3 days before the baby shower at which point I had relatively little time to prepare pictures for it.  Soon!


I had this scrap piece woven from my birch bark wrapping paper sitting on my work station for, let's say a long time and it kept shifting, so before it totally fell apart I figured I'd better put it to use along with some leftover die cut pieces.  


This was the Valentine's Day card that I made for our grandson who is very much into Paw Patrol.  Though these are not official Paw Patrol character stamps, I think they fit the bill okay for an almost 3-year-old. 


And after the shower I needed some downtime so I pulled out this 500 piece puzzle I got as a gift from a friend and dove into it (in part because my dining room table was cleaned off from the party).  I love puzzles but sometimes I get so engrossed doing them that I wind up staying up late.  That didn't happen with this one because it was really too difficult to do with artificial light and at the time, it was still getting dark pretty early so I forced myself to walk away when my eyes were straining and felt pretty good about that.  I'd really love to run my hands through those buttons!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful art, love those tulips! Great use of the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Valentine's card is adorable. Is that some old Provocraft paper - it's very like, anyway? There was a pad they did that I loved. And your door - that is fabulous!! It's going to look even more wonderful once you get photos sorted out for out.
    I find puzzles the same - I get totally absorbed and time just goes by - not something to get too involved in just before bed-time. There's always that "just one more piece" factor. I find them very sociable too if you have the right person to do them with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tulips. I like a nice jigsaw puzzle to do and I collect buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards . . . and I love the door project! I have a puzzle I every so often get ready to start, but just haven't yet. My dad always worked on puzzles during the Winter. I tend to do mine during our 105 degree summers. This looks like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.