Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Scribble Picnic - WATERING CAN

I drove myself crazy on Monday going through all my picture files because I know that I have a picture of a collection of watering cans along the side of the road in Harvey Cedars but after several HOURS of looking - yes, it became sort of a compulsion at that point - I had to give up.  It didn't help that I knew that HWNSNBP was with me, driving the car actually, and we had several friends along in the car with us on one of our Table 7 adventures but he had no recollection of it.  I think he was getting annoyed at how much time I was spending on my search - or maybe it was that it was snowing and my last day of spring break and I had privately declared it a pajama day.  In any case, should anyone not have guessed by now, the theme for Scribble Picnic this week is WATERING CAN.  So - plot twist - I will actually do a drawing of a watering can that I actually own. 


Yes, it is a flying pig.  And believe it or not, I have more than one of these.  One came all the way from New Zealand from Sunshine as a gift for National Pig Day.  And the other came from Carol, a former co-worker as a birthday gift.  Both of them know that I have a special love of flying pigs.  (You can search my blog for flying pig and get the whole story if you have the time.)

I figure that if unicorns can, um, shoot rainbows from their, um, rear ends, then why can't my flying pig watering can shoot rainbows from her snout! 

Okay, I think I'm beginning to fade, so I'd better head over to the picnic and check out all the other WATERING CANS.  You can too by clicking here.  And should you care to join in next week, the theme is PAJAMAS. 

21 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine! I LOVE your flying pig!!! How cute, and the fact that you have a real one is awesome...more than one! Love this. Your rainbow is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rain! Would you believe I actually have 3!

      Delete
    2. I believe it!!! :) Considering my dishes that look like foods...I have 3 garlic holders shaped like garlic lol! :)

      Delete
  2. Well that is a most unusual and cute watering can ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawing is so fun! Turned out quite sweet with it's yellow aura.

    I also spent a lot of time looking for a photo this week, of a racoon, never found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it'll turn up when you least expect it - always happens that way!

      Delete
  4. How cute and unique is your flying pig watering can. I love your drawing, and a rainbow of promise must mean rain has fallen or on it's way. I really love your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that's how the flowers get their beautiful colors.

      Delete
  5. That's gorjuss Lorraine! My flying pig watering can like yours sits outside beside some pot plants. He was well used throughout our hot and humid summer!
    And yes, why cant flying pigs have rainbows shooting from their snouts!
    Have a fun day:-)
    Sunshine
    www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have some very nice friends who know what I like!

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, Lorraine, thank you for that marvelous write up and picture. I am smiling big here. Love it. And my apologies to your hubs for consuming your time. I've sooo done that too--trying to find a certain photo from ages ago only to finally have to call it quits, still empty handed as it were.

    Well, I never! Rainbows come out of a unicorns arse? No. Please tell me it isn;t so! I have NEVER ever heard that before. Oh wow. I'm not thinking I was to see one of those gaseous rainbows now. hahahaha. But yes, then why not? Why not have a pic snout too spout rainbows?! Far better ..adn well drwan too, I might add. I love your adorable pig watering can(s). Too too funny. What a hoot! Thank you so much, Lorraine. You knocked it out of the ballpark with this application. Bravo. Very entertaining too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to be entertaining, at least a little to make up for the amateur art at times. Hey, if you can't have fun, why do it!

      Delete
  7. OH, Lorraine, I have also spent hours looking for a particular photo at different times only to come up empty. I sure felt your frustration.

    We were both on a similar wavelength sketching an animal for our watering cans. I love your sketch! Clever to turn the water spray into a rainbow. I have a soft spot for pigs and I used to collect Piggy ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I did this and saw yours I realized there must be other animal watering cans and only then did I remember the one I have shaped like a bluebird. I bet there's a whole zoo.

      Delete
  8. Well LOL ... you are so funny. The Unicorn story is perfectly true (as true as a Unicorn story can be) and I think rainbows coming out of a flying pigs snout is a perfect idea. I love pigs too ... not limiting myself to flying pigs so I can understand your obsession with them ... we all have to have something to tweak our imagination with, right? Great post, Lorraine and perhaps you will have another pajama day next week, right? :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pajama days! Just bought myself a nice new pair and I think I'm going to get a second in a different color because they're so comfy and some of my old one's have definitely seen better days!

      Delete
  9. Have a friend who collects 'flying pigs' - know she'd love a watering can like your beauty!
    Such a fun post, thanks Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I'd love to send her a card. If you care to share your address, you could forward it for me.

      Delete
  10. What a cute little watering can. Shame you didn't find the photo you were looking for but I'm sure we all enjoyed seeing the pig. I think I need about two months off work to add meta tags to my photos so that I can easily find them - and that's not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine that it's disappeared. This is frustrating because I really do remember taking it. I thought I had everything digital transferred over, but I might have a card hiding somewhere. Oh well! Not sure they still display them, but if they do, we'll have to stop again.

      Delete
  11. Who even knew they made pig-shaped watering cans, but why not?! Glad you have and enjoy them.
    Completely understand your frustration of looking for a certain photo. Been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.