Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Butterfly Birthday



My mother's birthday was last month and she loves butterflies.  I had picked up a Martha Stewart metal stencil that I intended to try as an embosser rather than just picking a butterfly and stenciling it.  I'm not sure you can tell from the picture that I brayered on some Pretty in Pink ink first and then ran it through the Big Shot.  The first time it didn't have such great results - the ink was really blotchy.  The brayer caused large drops of ink to form on the stencil.  So the second time, after I brayered the ink, I rubbed it around with my finger and the ink droplets became more uniform in size.


SU has a new butterfly punch and stamp set.  I picked out the butterfly from the set that matches the punch and colored it with my markers before punching out.  Then I daubered the edges with the Rose Red ink.  The head is a sticky pearl and the abdomen two rhinestones.  

Yes, this did not photograph very well, but IRL it looks much prettier.  

2 comments:

  1. I can see the pink perfectly! And very pretty and dainty it looks, too. Hmm, I hadn't thought about ink beading up on metal stencils, I know it does on plastic :D. I wonder if your trick would work on that too! Your new butterfly punch is a lovely shape, too.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.