Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jingle Belles 08a - Twas the Sketch Before Christmas

Our guest hostess for this challenge is Amy Tsuruta and she came up with this great sketch for us to use.


I had parts of this card made for a previous Jingle Belle challenge which I fell behind on.  (It was the one with the neutral pillow prompt.)  So, adding a little bit of color and turning the sketch on it's side, here's my first card for this challenge. 


I inked up the embossing folder again for the background.  The swirly band is a new Memory Box die that I was dying to use.   This color combination is one of my favorites.  I could see making multiples of this.  (Hey Rachel - what do you think about this for your cards this year - just askin'?  Lovya, Mom)

I promise I will try to get the second one posted asap, but I think I might not make the cut-off tomorrow because my check engine light is on in the car and we have to take it in right after work - but I'll try.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a magnificently elegant card! LOVE the embossing and the pops of red! Thanks for joining us at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow♥WOW♥wOoOoOOow!!! ok, i'm kind of glad this was a "leftover" b/c as loooooovely & elegant as it would've been in monochrome, that pop of red is just va-va-va-VOOM!!! brilliant use of inked e/f and that mb die is just wonderful! what a FAB♥U♥LOUS take on amy's sketch!!!

    ps: a "check engine" light is DEFINITELY more important than a second card... but if you do make another, link it in the comments or just post it next time, b/c OF COURSE i'd love to see it!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flourishy die cut and the mistletoe is one of my favorites! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm dying for that die cut ... so elegant ... love the wonderful color combination ... so very glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.