Thursday, January 7, 2010

Playing With Something New

I was thinking ahead a little in December and managed to order some of the new things from the new SU Ocassions Mini catalog and now I'm finally getting a chance to play with some of them.

Stampin' Up is now offering clear, unmounted stamps.  They are so easy to use.  I decided to combine some of the Splitcoast challenges this week and this is what I came up with..................



This uses the Challenge colors (Bermuday Bay, Certainly Celery and Hunter Green), the sketch of the week, and something new.  I watercolored the dolls and the flower.  It is very detail work but I find it very relaxing.  I fell in love with this set when I first saw it.  I can't wait to see what other people come up with!

What do you think?  I'd love to see you comment!

I almost forgot - my other inspiration for this is Kelly's Word of the Week - Kolo - a European Folk Dance.  These little dolls remind me of the costume that my mother wore when she was a child and was learning to dance the Polish folk dances. 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colours, perfect for a lift in this cold weather. And beautiful colouring of the dainty decoration on the dolls. Someone gave me a set of blank unpainted dolls for Christmas, but I don't think I am up to the job of doing much with them.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.