Saturday, January 30, 2010

Inspirational Brights

Saturday's Inspiration Challenge site is ESPE. They have some really cool wallets and bags. Such bold colors and patterns are a treat for the eyes. I found a couple of wallets on their site that I could go for. The first one is hot pink with striking white daisy like flowers. I took my Big Shot Daisies die and punched some out of white cs and positioned them on Melon Mambo cs. The centers have a circle of micro beads. I added the sentiment panel stamped with Whimsical Words and layered that on Rich Razzleberry. The last touch was to add the polka-dot grosgrain ribbon accent.



The second one is a tall wallet and it's in bright purple which reminded me of Rich Razzleberry cs. This is a tri-fold card. I took a whole sheet of cs and scored it at 4" and 8". Then I trimmed the short side to the shape shown on the front of the wallet. I then lined that short piece with a piece of Whisper White about 1/2" larger on the two visible sides. The front panel is held closed by the flower that overlaps it.



The flowers were stamped with Vintage Vogue (yes, again!) in Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry. They were stamped off once and then rock-and-rolled in the same color again to brighten the edges. The leaves were stamped in Garden Green and also stamped off once. Then I punched some 1/4" circles from all those colors and added them to the flower centers and created the spiked flower with them.

It was a bit of a gloomy day today and I was glad to work with these bright cheery colors. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmm - I love red, and am not mad on purple. But while I like that red card, and especially the way you punched out the centres of the flowers, it's the purple one I am off to find in the IC gallery so that I can tuck it into my favourites.
    Not sure that I wouldn't swap being able to walk most places easily for being out in the countryside - if it wasn't too remote! The idea of being able to see deer just beyond the garden, and all your birds is quite appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you just love all the stuff on that site..I sure did. These are beautiful. I have that flower die and have hardly used it..Great job.

    We got 6 in of snow so I am ready for spring..:)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.