Friday, May 8, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 9

Did you miss me yesterday? Sorry about that. This has been a busy week, but I won't waste your time making excuses.

The ingredients for my card this week include part of an empty Lindt Truffle bag and the netting from Laughing Cow Babybel Cheese.

I just love that shiny yellow paper on the bag and I knew that I would like to use it somehow. The piece I used comes from the side gusset of the bag. I cut that part off the bag and then used my MS eyelet border punch on it. You can't see the shine in the picture, but it is very pretty on the card and such a great contrast to the texture of the netting.

For the bow all I did was remove the copper clips from the ends of the bag and fold it lengthwise several times until I got the width that I wanted. Then I folded each of the ends in towards the middle and used a scrap of ribbon to tie it (which you can't see under the button).

This will either be a birthday or thank you card I think! I'd love to know what you think and also if you have any "green" crafting ideas to share.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! - especially the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to you to make something pretty from throwaways. If you never said a word about it, we would have never guessed.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog but I am BLOWN away by this feature!!! I love it. My throw away that I plan to use is the Laughing Cow Cheese containers...perfect circles for great scrapbooks. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.