Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 12


Unless you do all your banking on line you have these coming to your house - security envelopes that bills come in. They come in a multitude of colors and patterns. When you cut open the envelope there is quite a lot of usable patterned paper inside.


In the card below I chose to use several of the blue patterns. I cut a piece of white cardstock to be used as the background and I ran it through my Xyron making it a big sticker. Then I cut the patterned envelope paper into shapes to use in my mosaic design. It is helpful to have a piece of non-sticky paper handy to plan out your design before you actually stick them down on the good piece.




After I got the pieces in place there was still sticky in the gaps between them so I sprinkled on some white embossing powder and used my heat gun. You can't tell from the picture, but it resembles a shiny grout between the pieces. Pretty cool, huh! (If you don't have a Xyron you can adhere the paper pieces with your favorite adhesive. Then you can run a VersaMark pen over the gaps so you can do the embossing part.)


I added that mosaic piece to a card base of Pacific Point. The image is a stamp from Fun and Fast Notes and I used my aquapainter to color it. It is layered on a Kiwi Kiss circle and a Pacific Point scalloped circle. The flower from the image was incomplete once I punched out the bird so I added a little flower from the Pretties kit with an ice brad. The ribbon is Pacific Point striped grosgrain.


This card has many possibilities for use as there is no sentiment on the outside. I seem to never have enough Thank You's so I think I'll save this one in case I need it.


So, start saving those security envelopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.