Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 47

What an interesting teapot this week, don't you think? I'm dying to see the other side(s), but Cindy says she's saving this for another day. BTW, please go look at what she's created on her glob. And when you're done, take a look at the Teapot Tuesday 47 Gallery. The creativity is endless.

Cindy encouraged us to go birdwatching this week which is why you see those little bluebirds hiding out inside this birdhouse. You see the nasty wrens (not pictured) are trying to take over this nesting box, but the bluebirds are not going to let them. They are going to stay in there until the wrens get the message and move on.


(If only our bluebirds were as persistent. They lost their eggs to the wrens and they've moved on. We put up a wren guard, but too late it seems. Now we're trying to lure the wrens to another box so we can entice the blues back to their preferred home.)

This card is one of those shadow-box cards. And I tried a new technique using white pencil on kraft cardstock and coloring over that with markers. It seems to work well. What do you think?

Oh, and don't you just love the spoon brads? I got them on vacation last year and I knew that they'd come in handy someday. I'll be looking for more this summer.

Remember, go check out the other teapot cards in the teapot gallery and Cindy's glob - it's worth taking the time!

I think I'm going to keep this card for myself and put it up on my tack strip at work.

4 comments:

  1. Great card and I love the spoon brads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine, I love your card. The shadow box effect is perfect for you little birds. I love how brilliant they look. I love the little spoon brads. They are the perfect accessory for you card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Lorraine! Those spoon brads are to die for! How fun that you had these! I bet you could not wait until you got them on your card! I love that about seeing cool stuff, you might not need them right now but eventually you will. At least that is what I keep telling the Photographer!

    How fun that you are keeping this wonderful little project for yourself at work! It will be the subject of much conversation! Its is precious. Ilove the dimension to it and the wonderfully colored little birdies! You go girl! What a fun teapot Tuesday card!

    Thanks for the links and for coming again this week...big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that is a very interesting tea pot, I like it!

    Darling card! Cute spoon brads, I haven't seen those before.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.