Friday, May 22, 2009

Sage Sympathy

HWNSNBP asked me to make a sympathy card for someone he works with. I really love how this set "Thoughts and Prayers" lends itself to this kind of card. I had seen a card in someone's gallery (sorry, I didn't make note of where) and they used a Martha Stewart fence punch on the bottom portion covering the tree trunk. It really added a lot to the scene. I do not have that punch, but I thought this one comes pretty close.

This is for the passing of a mother so I chose some nice soft colors - Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst and Pink Pirouette. The background was stamped with VersaMark ink to give it the tone-on-tone quality and I used the leaf stamp from Great Friend. Oh, and the little tiny butterfly comes from Branch Out.

I added a little white taffeta ribbon on the amethyst fence. The top note die is perfect for highlighting a little scene and it easily frames itself when you cut away the perforated edge on the white layer.

1 comment:

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.