Wednesday, July 2, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 6/30


What's that you say - she has words on the front of the card - I don't believe it! Okay, okay, so I did it. "A Friend Is Someone Who Makes It Easy" - simply said.

For this week's color challenge we were asked to use Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, and Rose Red. What I really would have liked to use these colors for would be for a patriotic card being that we're so close to July 4th. Alas, I couldn't come up with an appropriate stamp set - imagine that. If you saw my stash of stamps you wouldn't believe it. So lets say then that the brain cells weren't on the same track and I couldn't think of what stamp set I had to make it patriotic!!! Yes, blame it on the brain!

I actually had a lightbulb moment with this card. I knew that I wanted to stamp the solid images first and I didn't want the stitched images to overstamp so I was going to have to mask them out. Ugh - I was going to have to cut out all those flowers. But wait - the lightbulb went off - if I'm going to use my post-it notes for the mask and they're already stuck together, then why not cut them out together??? So I was able to cut 4 of the same flower out at the same time. (Go ahead, say duh - I know you really want to! But honestly, I think that's why some people don't use this technique as often because they think they have to cut out all those little images separately.)

I have used the SU set Simply Said. I think that this set is very versatile. Along with the stamp set, I used the 3 For You punch to punch out the small flowers. You can give them a little dimension by cupping them around the rounded end of a pen cap, or wooden spoon. The flower centers were just 1/4" punched circles. I held back from putting crystal effects on them to make them shiny - still considering that. But as you can see from the pic I tore the edge of the Rose Red because I didn't want it to be too boxy. BTW, this card will be nice and flat enough to mail without any extra postage!

Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Simply Said
Paper: Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink: Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Rose Red
Accessories: 3 For You punch, 1/4" round punch, 5/8" Brocade Blue grosgrain

Please make sure to check out the other challenge cards by my cohorts in the Friends and Neighbors List on the left.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I love it. In person the colors must be so vibrant. Beautiful. I am so glad color challenge is helping you out with your stamping. I have to say you guys are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card, I think this set is versatile, too!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.