Monday, July 28, 2008

The Fence and the Bug

HWNSNBP and his brother completed a very special project here this weekend. They erected a privacy fence which spans about 45 feet on one side of our property. Originally our house and the house next door belonged to one family and our driveway at one time continued behind our house and right into their yard. Years ago we put in a half basketball court at the edge of this driveway on our property. Since the basketball court doesn't get the workout that it used to, and since that area was so open to the goings on next door, I thought it would be nice to put up a fence to make it an "outdoor room". I won't go into the other reasons for putting up the fence, just to say that good fences make good neighbors - and this was a little bit overdue.

I have to say that they did a great job - sorry no pics yet. So, now you're probably wondering about the bug. Well, HWNSNBP thought that I should take a picture of it and put it in my blog. There are certain things that I have learned not to question. After all he did this weekend I had to comply. The bug was found on the picnic table (yes, thankfully dead). It's body is about 2 1/2" long and the antennae are about 4" long. All I can say is that I'm glad that he did not find it in the house.

1 comment:

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.