Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Jingle Belles - Gift Cards

This fortnight the Jingle Belles asked us to create cards that doubled as gift card holders.  Truth be told gift card holders are one of the things I wind up doing last minute.  I think it depends on who and what kind of gift cards we're going to need.  Well, I know that we usually give a gift card to Dunkin' Donuts to the mailperson so I went about thinking of ideas.  I remembered having an Ellen Hutson die that has somewhat of a zippered compartment that would be pretty simple to decorate.  I tried to stick to a simple decorating scheme since the top of this card get's pulled off to get to what's inside.


Here is the backside of the front panel where I hope you can see the perforations around the edge where the panel will be pulled off.  I cut a thin piece of cardstock and attached it to the back with the other end protruding through to the front so the received might have a clue as to how to open it.  I will add a note that I precreased all those perforations, in all directions so that it would be easier for the paper to tear away.  


Here is the tab I added.  I know I have a stamp set with pre-printed directions like "Pull Here" and such which I'll have to search for.  But if I don't readily find it, I can always hand print it on the tab.


I used double-sided tape to adhere the front panel to the backing but I purposely left the side of the tab opened for now so that I will be able to insert the card when it is purchase.  I'll just have to pull the backing off the tape and it will be sealed.


And since I had all the ingredients out, I made another one and now I'm glad I did because I'm thinking that I usually also give my hairdresser a little extra something at the holidays.


So now I'm off to check out the other gift cards for this Jingle Belle challenge.  You can join me by clicking here.

4 comments:

  1. oooooh! what a cool die! with a pull tab and everything how awesome is that? love the green + reindeer combo as well! this one has it all! so pleased you could join our gift card fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun interactive element. And I love those little whittle deer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what adorable gift card holders ... love the design ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.