Sunday, May 9, 2021

Happy Mother's Day

 


I'm wishing a happy Mother's Day to all the women in my life.  I've seen a few articles/posts lately that say that Mother's Day is offensive to those that are not actually mothers and though I don't fall into that category I would hope that that's not the case.  Mother's Day is a day that we honor the women who nurture us, support us, guide us, love us and not just the woman who gave birth to us.  There are so many women in my life that have importance in ways that my mother does not.  I am not downplaying her role either though.  I know that my mother, who gave me four siblings, made the best world for me and my sisters and brothers that she could and I love her for it.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. I like the different shades of green in the foliage - I'll try that.
    I think it's odd that you would have read that. I have been given a rose for Mother's Day a couple of times in church, and I didn't have any issues with that. They were given to all the women, it was very inclusive. On the other hand, I thought it was very aware of Sizzix to offer an opt-out for Father's Day-related emails.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.