Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 23

I love these die cuts but there is a lot of scrap left over when you're done. So..... I decided to try to put that leftover to some good use.

I took my 1 3/4" circle punch and punched out the negative space from the smallest daisy.

Then I tried adding those flower disks over a piece of patterned paper. I added buttons to the flower centers and a little bit of ribbon. This card is very simple. I'm loving the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. There are so many good message choices for quick and simple cards.


Next week I'll show you another use for those negative spaces.

If you've missed any of my Thursday's Throw Aways you can click here.

8 comments:

  1. Love it. What a great way to use those leftovers. I really need to get the Tiny Wishes set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat is that! It's always been one of things I wonder about having more die-cuts than the few Nestabilities I have - how much paper gets wasted. My mum used to have something on the kitchen wall about different ways to look at things, and one of the suggestions on the list was looking at the negative space. Not something I'm good at, I think I am too literal-minded. You've certainly found the perfect way to get double value from those daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I linked over from SCS where I saw your Thursday Throw Away card. I love the card and the focus behind it of finding a good use for what might have ended up as trash. I do so love recycling on my cards.

    I kept scrolling down the pages of your blog until I realized it was almost 2 in the morning. Time to be in bed and asleep! I'll look forward to coming again and browsing. Thanks for all the treats for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I had a cleaning frenzy last night and it FELT SO GOOD to throw away all those "negatives" that keep getting hung up on my papers.........then you do this and I feel bad again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea Lorraine!! Love the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to use up your scraps...I love this beautiful card!!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration...I need to go dig around in my trash to find some left over die scraps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea. I've been trying to think of a way to use these. Love your Thursday Throw Aways.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.