Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 22

I had to laminate a couple of things at school this week. When you're done running your items through the laminator you have to trim the excess laminating film away. There's always about 6 inches of film at the beginning of the roll. So after I did the trimming I rolled up the excess and brought it home.

There are a number of ways that this excess film can be used. If you cut it into rectangles about photo size, you can use that film as a blank for when you use your Stamp-a-ma-jig. Or you can use it in cardmaking or scrapbooking as a window.


I wanted to try something else. I got out my new texture impression embossing folder - Petals A-Plenty, cut a piece of the laminate to the size of the folder and ran it through my Big Shot.

Then I ran some Taken With Teal cs through the Big Shot with the pillow box die. I trimmed the laminate so that it would make a band around the pillow box, used my red line tape to stick it together, and added the ribbon around the box.

The last step was to add the flowers from the Three For You punch. The centers being 1/4" glossy white punched circles.

I have to say that the laminate embosses quite nicely and I'm definitely going to find another project to do with this.


So, the next time your child's teacher is looking for volunteers, volunteer to cut out their laminating and I'm sure they'll let you keep the scraps!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool look. I love the texture it gives. Great way to use the left overs. Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine, this is gorgeous. You always come up with interesting ways to use left-overs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you trying to make me a pack rat? Now I have to keep this too. HEHE.
    I so love you enabling!
    Now which of my kids rooms can I start using......Hugs

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.