Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 59

Look at this sweet little bee. What a face! You have to go and check out Cindy's glob and see her card for this week. I think it's even cuter than the teapot. I played the busy bee today and unpacked boxes, and boxes, and boxes at school in the supply room. It was only about 110ยบ in there. Well, at least I got a good workout!!

So, I'm cheatin' a little with my card today. We're supposed to have bees on our card. I have some bee stamps but I decided to pull out this photo that I took of a bee and use that as my focal image today. The white flower the bee is visiting is what we refer to as Gooseneck because it reminds you of a gooses neck the way it curves. Today it reminds me of a spout on a teapot!

The red flower is, wait for it...... bee balm. I just love how the red bee balm came up amongst the white gooseneck. I have to tell you though, that the gooseneck is very invasive and is taking over my little flower patch. We will be yanking away come cooler weather.

I did add a little stamping with the word "bloom" from SU's Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set. It's stamped on vellum and cut out. The base of the card is Purely Pomegranate (I love this color!!!) and you can see a little of the newer Melon Mambo in the scalloped oval. The white cs is actually glossy paper. The additional bee on the card is another one of the bee buttons that I found while cleaning out some "stuff".

Now I have to get bizzier and buzz on over to the Teapot 59 gallery. Come join me as I visit all the gals!

Those boxes got the best of me today, so I hope I don't fall asleep before I get through them all.

4 comments:

  1. Your photo is absolutley gorgeous! I love the real little bee....what a great shot. I love how you incorporated your photo into your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is so sweet--along with your teapot and bee card....I was up late last night too!! Must have been something in the air! I love bees as long as they don't sting me! :D And looking at anything bee-related really makes me smile!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one great photographer...and those flowers are so unique! Beautiful natural picture. This picture should be in National Geographic.....maybe you could sell it to them and quit your job so you don't have to work in a class room at 110 degrees!!! Hee!

    So happy to see you every week at my tea party, it would not be the same without you! Snugs...

    Whisper...hope you catch up on your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks again!
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.