Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bluebirds and a RAK

I received this beautiful bluebird card in the mail yesterday from my fellow stamper/teapotter/blogger buddy MariLynn. She was inspired by my bluebird photos and made this gorgeous card for me. I love it! Thanks so much MariLynn. What a great feeling of happiness you gave me today!

I have some new photos of the blues below. This is the Mr. and the reason his wing is blurry is because that's how they communicate with one another. They do communicate audibly but they also do these wing waves to each other. I was encroaching on their territory while taking this picture and they were sending warnings. Rest assured, that I was standing outside the garden and using the gate as a stabilizer for my camera. This couple is really very camera shy.

This time he's watching me over his right wing. He's just fed the babes.

See that blue blurr? That's the Mr. scooting off the fence just as I snapped the picture. I know it's not a great pic, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Anyone want dinner? Here he is atop a rusty fence post, checking me out and waiting until it's safe to get to the box. It just marvels me as to how they can alight on the smallest of perches.

These are the babes asleep. We figure they were just about a week old in this picture. I don't know if we'll get any more pics of them before they fledge. I always worry about opening the box a this point and having them jump out before they're ready.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Stayed tuned for my Teapot Tuesday post later on today.

1 comment:

  1. What amazing birds - we have nothing that colourful here. And those little fledglings look so cute.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.