The idea for this card was posted on our Stampin' Up! demo site by Jamie Hurley. Her card used the Summer Picnic DSP. Our color challenge for this week was to use Pretty in Pink and Pink Passion - not two of the pinks I would have put together, but I think I made it work okay. I saw the dress that Jamie made from her punches and I immediately thought of the t-shirt dress(es) that I made for Rachel when I was working at the Rag Shop. We took t-shirts or tank tops, decorated them with either paint, ribbons, doilies, or all of that stuff, then got a lenght of fabric that was about 1 1/2 times the distance around the bottom of the t-shirt, gathered it and either sewed or glued it on the bottom of the t-shirt to make a cute sundress. Sewing was actually much easier and not as bulky (and held up in the wash!).
Then when I was putting the petals on this card for the skirt of the dress I was reminded of a costume that my mother made for me when I was in grade school. I think I was in either 2nd or 3rd grade at the time and back in those days, we used to have assemblies where classes took turns putting on little skits, shows, or plays - whatever you want to call them. I remember that I was going to be a fairy or something and my mother made the costume out of some shiny silvery-gray fabric - the skirt being made up of petals over tulle. I remember it being very pretty, but I also remember being mortified at the time because my mother took a pair of my white panties and died them to match the color of the costume and that's what I wore underneath. It was a very short costume!!! Of course, later in life I realized that no one but me and my mom (and my sisters of course) knew that they were panties!!! Oy, the things that we think about as children!!!
Here's your recipe:
Stamps: Stitched, Boho Backgrounds, Canvas
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion
Accessories: Bone folder, word window, 1 1/4" square, small oval, and three for you punches, Pretties half pearls, White Taffeta ribbon, Crystal Effects, Crop-a-dile (the centers of the flowers in the corners were punched from the CAD and coated with CE)