Monday, February 19, 2024

The100DayProject 2024

These flat folded pentagons, when inflated by pinching, become....


Origami wish stars of which I've been keeping my hands busy with whilst watching the last few Portrait Artist of the Year Series' on Prime.  


So what's that got to do with The100DayProject 2024?  Well, there's always a little bit of a paper tail that is left before you get that little pentagon and I've been saving them in the cap of the jar that I've collected the stars in thinking that I would find a use for them someday......maybe.  I wanted to keep this challenge as simple as possible for me while I go through the recovery of my upcoming surgery so I looked through my stash and found these 1.5" kraft colored round labels and decided that I will use the little leftovers to make a little geometric collage of sorts on a label each day.  My plan is to also make a 10 x 10 grid on black posterboard so I can stick the labels to it as a finished product.


These are all the tools I'll need, although I think that I will need to replenish the scraps periodically as they get low.  Luckily I have plenty of unused origami star paper to help me out with that, and this shouldn't take too much time or energy to complete.  It will also be easy enough to catch up on from those days when I'm totally unable to engage in artist endeavors.

Oh, and the official start of the project was Sunday, February 18th - so you see the first 2 days here.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Recycling at its best and an easy project to play with as you recuperate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that sounds like a great and easy way to keep up with the project with minimal stress, and I bet the end result will look fab. I have to confess I would have just tossed those scraps. I do keep ones from homemade backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.