Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day

 




We picked up some chocolate covered strawberries yesterday after my PT session.  It snowed here - about 5-6" but the roads were clear enough to not have to cancel my appt.  We have some errands today and will probably have our traditional heart-shaped pizza for dinner.  

GS1 was with us on Saturday and I wanted him to help me make these penguin Valentine's for GS2 and GS3 but he had other things that he was interested in and I wanted him to pick the things he wanted to do since they'll be moving at the end of the month and we won't see him for quite some time.  He brought a school project to finish - I had gotten a head's up from his mom on what we needed to do.

He used salt dough to create landforms on a paper plate at home the day before and I supervised the painting portion of it.  


That's a snow-capped mountain with a waterfall into a lake with an island along with a volcano, some grasslands, and a river.  I think he covered more than 4 land forms with this.  He has to make labels/flags identifying each one which he'll do at home in addition to filling out a worksheet.  


He spent some time outside with HWNSNBP riding the tractors and we played a game of OINK.  The last time we were at his house he was interested in me doing some origami with/for him and he brought some paper with him, but he saw the stars I had started and I tried to show him how to make them, but they're a bit fussy for small hands and he just asked if he could have all the red stars in the jar.  Of course I said yes.  




He found some interesting things in my art cart that I keep next to the dining room table and he did some drawing.  There was an interest in my battery-powered eraser and I promised I'd send him one for his birthday in April.  He also wanted to see my Cutttlelola - the electric dotspen that I have but we had to cut that short as we had to get him back to his parents for dinner.  I'm going to miss those art explorations with him.  It was a 10 day for the three of us until we pulled away from their house for the last time.  

I totally forgot that Saturday was my blogoversary.  Sixteen years full of lots of memories.  

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to have your family move away and especially hard when grandies are involved. Hope you have video chat capabilities. Perhaps you can send some crafting supplies and you and he can craft together while video chatting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly will miss him, it's so interesting and rewarding seeing a child's explorations into creativity. His school project looks great - we loved salt dough as kids.
    The penguins are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The landform project turned out great.
    Congrats on your blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.