Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Jingle Bells - Rudolph the RED Nosed Reindeer

What's right in front of Rudolph's eyes?  His red nose of course, and if he takes a look at the Jingle Belles challenge for this fortnight, he and we will be seeing a lot of RED.  Yes, our cards have to be predominantly red.

Lucky for me I happened to have these stacked gnomes on my work table that happen to be mostly red and were just waiting to be used.  I sorted through my paper stash and came up with this flocked red and white background paper.  All I had to do was use the dies to cut out the strings of ornaments and the stars.  



I don't know if it was the flocking on the paper or if there was something else in with it, but I got one of those no-see-um things in one of my fingertips after I touched the paper.  I hate when that happens and everytime you put a little pressure on it it hurts.  I tried using tape to pull it out and even tried a magnet, but finally got it to stop after I ran the blade of my scissor over it.  I've gotten metal filings in my fingers before from dies, but I wasn't working with metal so I wonder if that flocking had something to do with it.  For now, I'm not going to handle that paper too much.

Time to go and check out all the red over at the Jingle Belles blog now.  You can too by clicking here.

6 comments:

  1. Well YOWZA what a brilliant card and even better that there was a "leftover" bit just waiting to be used perfectly for the theme! So happy you could join our celebration of RED at Jingle Belles! (ACK sorry about the splinter thingie... ggrrrrr I hate those!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun little gnomie trees ... so very glad you shared your RED with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun gnomes! But sorry about the 'ouch-ism' .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous looking paper, so I hope it wasn't that that caused the issue. But if you suspect it was, I'm sure you don't want to experiment to confirm it!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.