Saturday, February 24, 2024

Jingle Belles - Text Me

Jumping in with my cards for the Jingle Belles Challenge of using Text as the star.  I found some red and green texty background in my stash for the layers and this new-to-me die that features "Merry Christmas" in the scroll.  I decided to add in that piece of green and gold ivy paper behind the die and used some matt gold paper for the frame of the die.  I decided to use the red texted paper for scroll portion of the die and highlighted the sentiment by using shiny gold paper for the letters.


The shiny gold paper became an inlay and I had to remember to keep the little centers of the e, a, and r's to be able to close up those openings with the red scroll also so I saved those red letters when I die cut the red trying not to have them pop out in the process at that point.  I will say that this was easier to do by adding two sided tape to the back of the gold before die cutting it.  That made those letters into stickers and no gluing was necessary.  But those centers only needed a dot in the opening so I was able to  lay the red letter over the top and use my needle tool to just press the centers into place.


And since I had the ingredients out I did two of them.


I was looking something up on my Christmas card list yesterday and noticed that part of the file had become corrupt.  It was fine several days ago.  I keep my list in an excel spreadsheet and I usually add a picture of the card that I send to each person/family so I don't duplicate anything year-to-year.  It also helps me when someone tells me they love what they got so I know what they like and can work with that in the future.  So I was very upset and annoyed when all but three of the pictures that I had copied to that file for last year all had errors in them.  My resident excel expert was consulted and he couldn't explain what happened, why it was happening or how to fix it.  To top it off, in my process of doing this at the end of the year, I take a picture of each card with a little post-it note attached and then, after I add it to the spreadsheet, delete the picture from my phone and computer.  Thankfully I had forgotten to delete them from my Amazon photo storage, otherwise I don't remember who got what.  We did determine that I could copy and paste in a different way but it involves a lot of resizing which takes more time...... but I will get it done eventually.

At this point I have 7 Christmas cards finished and will probably be taking a break from card making for the next few weeks because I won't be climbing the stairs to the craft room for a while and I dare not send HWNSNBP up there to find anything.  (I may have said that before in a previous post - sorry - it is playing on my mind.)  

If you want to check out all the other texty cards on the Jingle Belle blog (and you should really, because our hostesses have made some beautiful and clever samples) click here.

5 comments:

  1. Inlay, aha. I was wondering how on earth you got the lettering so neat. These are very rich and medieval looking to me, like an old manuscript.
    As someone who also keeps a detailed spreadsheet (but with a description I hope will be enough to identify the card, rather than a photo) and got exactly the same reasons, I am so sorry you had issues with yours and hope that restoring it will not be too problematic. I nearly sent my brother an almost identical card to his 2018 one last year, and since it was a light-up one with chibitronics I do think he would have remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! This one is beautiful. Gold always makes things shine. Of course I'm always partial to any kind of red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is lovely -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a beautiful, elegant card and such a fabulous use of the gorgeous scripty text paper... plus a super-advanced master-class of inset diecutting (I NEVER successfully get all the inside pieces of text so i only ever inset SHAPES lol; but i'm impressed with your Mad Skillz!) So happy you could join our celebration of text at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a perfect combination of patterns and colors ... so very glad you got TEXT-y with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.