Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Birdtober - Days 8-14

On with week two of Birdtober......

Day 8 - Pin-tailed Whydah
(for bird info click here)


Day 9 - Peregrine Falcon
(for bird info click here)


This is what happens when you're busy talking and working at the same time...... you prepare the book with the tape around the edges and start your drawing before remembering to reorient it to the right position.  I was almost done with the whydah before I realized it and decided to go with it as is.  


Day 10 - Strawberry Finch (Red Avadavat)
(for bird info click here)


Day 11 - Magnificent Frigate Bird
(for bird info click here)


Day 12 - Azure Tit
(for bird info click here)


Day 13 - Potoo
(for bird info click here)


Day 14 - Scarlet Ibis
(for bird info click here)


A lot of red this week.  Once again I included links for bird info but I must note that sometimes I found there were different species that varied in coloration and I picked ones I thought would be more easily recreated.  There's one bird coming up next week that has so many variations that it was hard to choose.  

So far, I think the scarlet ibis is my favorite.  We'll have to see if it stays in first place.

3 comments:

  1. I'm only catching up with commenting now, although I looked at the first set of birds a few days ago. I like the scarlet ibis too - and the peregrine which makes me wonder if I'm drawn to birds I have seen. But then I also think the frigate bird is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much enjoying the bird series - so many different species with such incredible colours.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.