Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Jingle Belles - Not a Creature Was Stirring

The Jingle Belles challenge for this fortnight is to include creatures.  I had a few creatures that I wanted to use, but these decorating ducks won out.  The ducks are fussy cut from a Penny Black stamp appropriately called Duck the Halls.  I gave them a tree from a Cottage Cutz die to decorate and planted the whole scene on a hillside die from The Greetery.  I think that they may need a few more decorations (or at least an electrical outlet) to get that tree decorated though.  


We had some creature encounters today.  On our way back from the Great Swamp Nursery where we picked up our amaryllis bulbs, we saw a party going on that just didn't want to break up, even as we passed through.  They were feasting on something and definitely did not want to be disturbed.



And I coaxed HWNSNBP to take the back road home instead of Rt. 78 which was heavy with trucks on the way there.  We passed this alpaca farm and he even caved-in to turning around so I could take pictures.  See that one that looks like it has a white face.  It's actually some kind of mask and that one was keeping a steady eye on us as I was taking the pictures.  The others were oblivious - or so it seemed. 


I wish I could share the recording from our front door camera from this weekend that had us wondering what kind of creature or creatures were in the front yard at 4 in the morning and what was going on.  Thankfully, with the windows closed, we slept through it. You know that it had to be pretty loud for it to cause a sound notification - there was only darkness on the camera.  Kind of apropo for Halloween.

Well, I'd best be off to check out the other creatures featured on the JB blog.  You can too by clicking here.  They should be a lot less scary.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this could not be any more adorable or more fun! I love that you've created a little winter scene and obviously you had me at DUCK the halls, lol! Such a wonderful addition to our "Creatures" gallery at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ducks are fun but the other pictures made me think of 'The Birds'...rather scary, but appropriate for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those ducks are super-cute ... and I love all of your real life creatures too ... so very glad you joined our Creature Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lorraine, I am enjoying reading your posts, you are super creative. I see we both started blogging in 2008, my the world has changed so much since then, but the blogging community is still strong and supportive as ever. Hope all is well in New Jersey, USA, greetings from Sydney, Australia. All the best Peggy

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.