Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Ornament Exchange 2022

I was asked again to participate in an ornament exchange through a group on Facebook.  I was assigned a partner who lives in Nevada this time and our ornaments had to be in the mail by November 17th which I was able to eek out.  This time I chose to share this ornament....


I made several of these last year and in fact, have them still hanging on my light fixture in the dining room because I thing they're not only useful as a holiday decoration, but they are a neutral decoration not necessarily tied to a holiday.  They are made from circles punched from a salvaged children's dictionary that are folded and glued together.  I had a box of wooden drapery rings that someone passed on to me and I removed the hooks from them and painted them white to use as a center.  I finished them off by adding a white wooden bead on some mossy green suede cording.  While I was punching and folding I prepared enough to finish off a few more and use up those wooden rings - we'll see where they end up.

The hostess asks us to take a picture of the ornament before we send it out so she can post the pictures on the Facebook page.  This above photo is the one that I sent her.  I had it hanging on this little $Tree tree since we don't have our Christmas tree up yet.  When I was putting the package together (the ornament and some little treats) I had to figure out a way to protect this from getting crushed in the box during transit so I found a holiday themed paper cup that it fit perfectly in and tied a piece of tissue paper over the top of it so it kind of looked like a holiday treat on its own.  A couple of days passed and I had to contact the hostess to let her know that I received two packages with the same contents from my exchange partner and wondered if she possibly meant to send one of them to someone else but inadvertently addressed both to me.  She reached out to my partner and was told that both were meant for me.  The hostess also sent me a picture of my ornament on my partner's tree..........


I asked her to let my partner know that the cup was for packing purposes only unless she liked it better that way.  The hostess said she would gently let her know because she knew from my photo that there was a bit of a disconnect.  Here are the lovely ornaments that I received. The trees are painted on both sides.  There were two stockings in one package and one stocking in the other each with a tree ornament.



I had enclosed the card below with a little note inside with the package I sent.  


These are some of the other ornaments that I've been working on. They were made from kits I found at the Dollar Spot in Target.  



I had these black paper tags from $Tree and saw some rock mandalas on Pinterest that gave me the idea to try it on paper as opposed to a rock.  And I used paint pens on these.  I did use a circle protractor to lightly draw those circles before I colored them in.  I do have the dotting tools, but I have temporarily misplaced them.  I've found some other patterns to give a try.  There were 6 tags in the package.




I've got a couple more ideas in the works - we'll see what gets done in December.

5 comments:

  1. All of the ornaments are beautiful. Enjoyed checking all of them out. Your paper folding ornament was very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the ornaments are beautiful. Enjoyed checking all of them out. Your paper folding ornament was very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a lot of paper ornaments but none are as pretty as what you created. I had to embiggen the pictures of the snowmen ornament to decide that you hadn't used buttons for the 'men. Buttons would be fun additions though wouldn't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornaments, both sent and received. The mandala ones are so dimensional looking. Until my tired eyes saw the three "holes" weren't holes at all, I was thinking you had used buttons for the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.